Re: [OM] Mirrorless w/bellows

Subject: Re: [OM] Mirrorless w/bellows
From: Don Holbrook <donholbrook@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2014 15:33:39 +0000 (UTC)
Most subjects I used the 20 & 38 macros on were of shallow depth, and one shot
usually sufficed.  Live mayflies are worse than kids as far as standing still.
Would depend on how many shots it would take to cover the distance, I suppose.
But thanks for reminding me to relook at the technique.
Reinterested Don.........

----- Original Message -----From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>To: Olympus Camera
Discussion <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>Sent: Sun, 10 Aug 2014 03:18:01 -0000
(UTC)Subject: Re: [OM] Mirrorless w/bellows

On 8/9/2014 7:52 PM, Chuck Norcutt wrote:> f/11 is a good choice for 35mm work
unless you have a very high resolution sensor like Bob's Nikon. Then
diffraction > will definitely begin to interfere. f/11 is good for at least
12-13 MP like the Canon 5D and f/16 probably good for > most 35mm films (except
for light loss). f/5.6 is probably the theoretical limit for these 16 MP 4/3
sensors but, in > the case of very limited depth of field, you need to
experiment to know if diffraction or limited depth of field is > the real
limitation on image sharpness.

Another change with digital is the ease of stacking for spectacular DOF.

Layered Moose

-- What if the Hokey Pokey *IS* what it's all about?--