Re: [OM] Mirrorless w/bellows

Subject: Re: [OM] Mirrorless w/bellows
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 09 Aug 2014 22:52:35 -0400
f/11 is a good choice for 35mm work unless you have a very high resolution sensor like Bob's Nikon. Then diffraction will definitely begin to interfere. f/11 is good for at least 12-13 MP like the Canon 5D and f/16 probably good for most 35mm films (except for light loss). f/5.6 is probably the theoretical limit for these 16 MP 4/3 sensors but, in the case of very limited depth of field, you need to experiment to know if diffraction or limited depth of field is the real limitation on image sharpness.

Chuck Norcutt