Re: [OM] The virtues of RAW

Subject: Re: [OM] The virtues of RAW
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2014 15:24:55 -0500
> I like your confidence level and I assume you're at least 10X better than me
> but it's the real world out there and #$%^# still happens.

Like what?

As the saying goes: "Chimp Early and Chimp Often."

So, I'm covering an event for the client. I shoot, chimp and and
satisfied that the picture meets the customer's needs. At that point,
I set the protect flag on the image and go on with the next thing. The
moment I set the protect flag (I'm using the EyeFi card), I never
touch the image again.

What if the focus is wrong? I chimp and reshoot or select a different
image from the set.

What if there is an eye closed? Again, caught in the chimp.

What if the exposure is bad? DUDE! That's why they pay me.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx