Re: [OM] Astrophotography

Subject: Re: [OM] Astrophotography
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2014 13:45:23 -0400
Did you say that right? I thought your Meade 90/11 was the Maksutov version.

Chuck Norcutt

On 7/28/2014 10:01 AM, Chris Trask wrote:

One of the corporate subcontractors brought in to help with the tech
nightmare being dumped on us turns out to actually be a nice guy, a
fellow photographer, and really into astrophotography.  He and I were
talking, and he was showing me some of the results he's gotten with a
dslr and a 300mm, using Deep Sky Stacker and shooting anywhere from
200-300 frames at a time.  He challenged me to try it the other night,
so I drove out about 30min East of here, found a rural driveway in the
middle of nowhere, set up the tripod and the E-M5 with the OM 100/2.8
and shot 179 frames (sadly, I realized that I forgot my cable release,
so it was an extreme annoyance to do so...)

      Along with the 90/1000mm f/11 refractor that I've refurbished, I'm anxious to try
my Quantaray 1000mm "Bazooka" lens for astrophotography.

Chris

      - Hunter S. Thompson