Re: [OM] Hasselblad Imacon Flextight Precision II Scanner

Subject: Re: [OM] Hasselblad Imacon Flextight Precision II Scanner
From: Tina Manley <images@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2014 14:24:02 -0400
Thanks, Chuck.  I have an XP machine, a laptop that I used to have hooked
up to the Nikon scanner until I was able to get that one to work with
Windows 7.  I'm saving all of these e-mails in case I have problems!

Tina

On Wed, Jul 23, 2014 at 9:35 AM, Chuck Norcutt <
chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> That's very interesting.  I think somehow I knew this in the past
> (probably from you) but forgot about it.  I just checked VueScan's list of
> supported scanners and it includes my two old SCSI dedicated film scanners,
> the Acer/Benq 2720s and the Minolta Dimage Scan Elite.
>
> The last time I looked (long ago) Adaptec was not making drivers for Win
> 7.  But I've looked again and see that they do produce Win 7 and Win 7
> 64-bit drivers for your 29320LPE adapter.  Unfortunately, they only provide
> a 32 bit driver for my 2940 adapter.  There are significant differences in
> the SCSI cable used by these two adapters and the equipment they attach to
> so it's impractical to change adapters.
>
> However, since there is no Adaptec 64 bit Windows drivers for my 2940 it's
> clear that Ed Hamrick is providing his own SCSI drivers for VueScan.  I'm
> going to have to reconnect these old scanners and see what they do today
> (after I find where I've hidden the SCSI card) :-)
>
> Unfortunately for Tina the Imacon scanner doesn't show up in VueScan's
> list of supported scanners.  Neither the Hasselblad nor Imacon brands show
> up at all let alone the specific scanner model.  See
> <http://www.hamrick.com/vuescan/supported-scanners.html>
>
> The simplest solution for her may be to setup a dedicated XP machine
> (probably a dime a dozen today) that's not connected to the net so she can
> use the old driver and software.
>
> Chuck Norcutt
>

> On 7/22/2014 11:49 PM, Lawrence Plummer wrote:
>

>> On Mon, Jul 21, 2014 at 7:05 PM, Chuck Norcutt <
>>
>> chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>

>  I think you may be in trouble. From what I just read the Precision II and
>>> II are from
>>>
>>  the late 1990s and have a SCSI interface. Getting SCSI support on a
> modern computer can be
>  problematic.
>
>  Chuck Norcutt
>>>

>> I'm running Win7/64-bit using an Adaptec 29320LPE PCI-e
>> Ultra SCSI with Vuescan (64-bit)
>>
>> and my Canon FS4000US (SCSI interface).  Works without any issues.  They
>> can be had for
>>
>> reasonable prices and are still supported by Adaptec (as well as Vuescan).
>>

>> Larry
>>

>>  --

Tina Manley
http://tina-manley.artistwebsites.com/