Re: [OM] Hasselblad Imacon Flextight Precision II Scanner

Subject: Re: [OM] Hasselblad Imacon Flextight Precision II Scanner
From: Lawrence Plummer <plummerl@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2014 10:57:00 -0700

Hi Chuck, Actually, the 29320LPE will support all SCSI modes, even the 25-pin
adapters.  My FS4000US is a 50-pin (SCSI-II).  I simply use a 68-pin to 50-pin
cable.  68 to 25 are readily available also, assuming this is the connector you
have. larry
On 7/23/2014 09:35, Chuck Norcutt wrote: That's very interesting.  I think
somehow I knew this in the past  (probably from you) but forgot about it.  I
just checked VueScan's list  of supported scanners and it includes my two old
SCSI dedicated film  scanners, the Acer/Benq 2720s and the Minolta Dimage Scan
Elite. The last time I looked (long ago) Adaptec was not making drivers for Win
 7.  But I've looked again and see that they do produce Win 7 and Win 7  64-bit
drivers for your 29320LPE adapter.  Unfortunately, they only  provide a 32 bit
driver for my 2940 adapter.  There are significant  differences in the SCSI
cable used by these two adapters and the  equipment they attach to so it's
impractical to change adapters. However, since there is no Adaptec 64 bit
Windows drivers for my 2940  it's clear that Ed Hamrick is providing his own
SCSI drivers for  VueScan.  I'm going to have to reconnect these old scanners
and see what  they do today (after I find where I've hidden th
 e SCSI card) :-) Unfortunately for Tina the Imacon scanner doesn't show up in
VueScan's  list of supported scanners.  Neither the Hasselblad nor Imacon
brands  show up at all let alone the specific scanner model.  See
<http://www.hamrick.com/vuescan/supported-scanners.html>

The simplest solution for her may be to setup a dedicated XP machine  (probably
a dime a dozen today) that's not connected to the net so she  can use the old
driver and software. Chuck Norcutt