Re: [OM] worst of a bad bunch

Subject: Re: [OM] worst of a bad bunch
From: Philippe <philippe.amard@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2014 20:55:52 +0200
Yup, these wretched devils even changed the names relating to either the
monarchy or christianity to something more to their likings, e.g. St Emilion
(one of the best wines the world over for those who wouldn't know) was called
Emilion la Montagne … triple sigh, and so many more of the same ...

I remember England with pounds, shillings, and pence alright, when getting
change for a bus fare was a real challenge for the foreigner …
And also that friend of mine trying to convey her deep thoughts about metric,
who said she needed a yard of cloth for a dress and she'd lose 4 inches of
expensive fabric as metric meant one metre was the minimum they would sell on
the market ….
Hence my question about people in the metric world being either one or two
metros tall ;-)

Amities from hot and sunny Mutz
Philippe