Re: [OM] Image Improvement - Gladiola

Subject: Re: [OM] Image Improvement - Gladiola
From: Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2014 12:58:48 -0500
I agree with your observations completely, Brian. :-)

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA

On 7/14/2014 7:09 AM, bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Jim Nichols wrote:

I would still need a third hand to hold the
broken flower stem in position. :-)
/////////////////////////
Any time I
have used one of my hands to hold a flower in position, the very fact
that it is attached to my body imparts a significant amount of vibration
to the flower; from heart-beat and I don't know what else. So the shots
invariably are unsharp from this / these causes.
I have found it is much
better to find a forked twig, preferably long dead and therefore not
very flexible, shove one end in the soil and the other under the
flower(s).
Much more stable, and you can use as many hands as you wish
to control the camera ...
Brian