Re: [OM] Image Improvement - Gladiola

Subject: Re: [OM] Image Improvement - Gladiola
From: Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2014 16:50:56 -0500
Chris, I will bow to Moose's knowledge of FM. I use it only in its simplest form.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA

On 7/13/2014 10:32 AM, Chris Trask wrote:
After Moose (on the OM list) commented on the soft or back focus of the
gladiola image, I chose to apply Focus Magic to the image to attempt to
improve the focus.  Here are the results.

Original Image:
http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Gladiola+1082-1.jpg.html

FM Image:
http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Gladiola+1082-FM.jpg.html

I believe it was worth the extra effort.

      Yes, the focus is noticably sharper, especially when you look at the
separation between the purple and white at the base of the petals.

      Does FM accomodate presets and actions from LR and PS?  It would be nice
to have all of those abilities in a single software package.

Chris

      - Hunter S. Thompson