Re: [OM] The Online Photographer - July print offer

Subject: Re: [OM] The Online Photographer - July print offer
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2014 16:54:57 -0700
On 7/10/2014 4:16 PM, John Hudson wrote:
So far no intelligent responses have been forthcoming !

You have a very terse, blunt sounding style of email writing, John.

I thought at first you were being obtuse, ignoring the US history of slavery, Civil War, Civil Rights Movement, etc.The thought that you might be intentionally negative briefly crossed my mind.

Assuming your questions are innocently straightforward, they are still
difficult to respond to.

First, as 'Murkins, those of us here are genetically unable to fully grasp
irony, so why ask us? :-)

Second, the cultural weight of our history, and present, is so great that it's quite difficult to think separately about pure irony in this context. I suppose most 'Murkins would suppose the image of black men washing Lincoln's feet (That Christian reference will resonate for many, too, whether consciously or not.) is "something" and might suppose that to be irony.

Being a bit loose in the noggin, my thought was how appropriate that the progeny of slaves should be earning more, and with better benefits, than the average US citizen, as they clean the memorial to The Great Emancipator, who probably did more than any other person to make their present situation possible.

Simple?

Moose