Re: [OM] The Online Photographer - July print offer

Subject: Re: [OM] The Online Photographer - July print offer
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2014 16:43:10 -0700
On 7/9/2014 3:58 PM, Chris Crawford wrote:
Gordon Parks did it 50 years ago.

So? This one of David Dyer-Bennet's, at only 39, is somehow diminished by
Gordon's?

I'm sure there are endless excellent shots of the memorial. This seems quite a fine one to me, and not in need of being dissed or dismissed because someone else also made a fine one.

That may not have been your intent, but it's how your pithy post came across to
me.

Gordon Parks was a man of many parts. I had the pleasure of having dinner at a table with him (a couple of times?) at fund raisers. A very pleasant fellow to chat with. I don't recall any photography talk. The context was humanitarianism and human rights, for which he was receiving an award at one dinner, not photography. I had the impression that photography was a past part of his life to him.

Umbrage Moose