Re: [OM] The Adobe tax

Subject: Re: [OM] The Adobe tax
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 05 Jul 2014 18:09:34 -0400

On 7/5/2014 3:36 PM, Ken Norton wrote:
I certainly disagree. There is more than one way to slice the "Layer"
cake. So much of how we work in Photoshop is a result of the type of
tools available to us there.

I agree but not totally. I haven't heard you speak of PW Pro lately but that was my first photo editor. I agree that PW Pro has means of accomplishing what can be done with masks in PS. But once I learned to use masks in PS I found it a much more efficient way to work.

Lightroom packages up the same end
results with different types of tools. However, there are things like
photo merging and compositing which aren't directly supported in
Lightroom. That's OK, though, because that's not an issue of just
making adjustments to a single photo, but coming up with a photo
creation.

Hmmm. So why is it OK that Lightroom isn't able to accomplish merging and compositing? It's only OK of you don't need those functions. I use them all the time.

I guess I'll have more comments on Lightroom many months or even years from now when I figure out how it works.

Chuck Norcutt