Re: [OM] The Adobe tax

Subject: Re: [OM] The Adobe tax
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 5 Jul 2014 14:36:34 -0500
> As a stock photographer you need that catalog, I don't.  And if you think LR
> can now do almost as much as PS you certainly don't make much use of PS
> function.  The two are night and day apart.

I certainly disagree. There is more than one way to slice the "Layer"
cake. So much of how we work in Photoshop is a result of the type of
tools available to us there. Lightroom packages up the same end
results with different types of tools. However, there are things like
photo merging and compositing which aren't directly supported in
Lightroom. That's OK, though, because that's not an issue of just
making adjustments to a single photo, but coming up with a photo
creation.

It takes seconds in Lightroom to do what it takes minutes in Photoshop
to do. Not only that, but you can apply the same or slightly different
adjustment to hundreds or even thousands of photos where Photoshop
requires a one-by-one barge load of work.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx