Re: [OM] The Adobe tax - Chris & Jez

Subject: Re: [OM] The Adobe tax - Chris & Jez
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2014 21:53:12 +0100
Chuck

On the assumption that you included me in that question, my view is that using
Aperture/LR is much easier and simpler than using ACR/Bridge/PS.  You import
the files to the application and therefore to the catalogue (or library); in
doing so you generate a preview that is an interpretation of the Raw file; with
that preview you can carry out various operations, just like in ACR but more
far-reaching, but you do not touch the original file.  For most of my images I
merely adjust levels and perhaps a little “definition” (Aperture LCE, I think)
and then output the file to email, website or print.  The original file remains
in situ, untouched, but you have a product from it that you can use.  I think
that LR develop is just like that.

With ACR/Bridge/PS you have to take each image individually and convert them
from Raw.  If you use Bridge as a DAM it is probably easier than I am
suggesting, but if you convert each Raw file that you want to use with ACR the
LE/Aperture path is, as I wrote above, much easier and simpler.

Chris