Re: [OM] OT: Fuji X file sizes

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Fuji X file sizes
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers.hemy@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2014 15:16:01 +0100
X-Pro1 raw file sizes here top out at 26,146,816 bytes. Call it 25MB, thus
perhaps supporting Frank Wijsmuller's guess that the DNG includes a copy of
the RAF. Some images, however, are as small as 10MB, which would support
Chuck's view that there is some compression at work (on some images).

I do not use DNG files, and have only one from the X-Pro1 - it has been
cropped to 2000x3000pixels, and it runs to 38MB on disk.

Piers

PS Raw is a word, not an acronym, nor an abbreviation, thus not 'all caps',
please. If you insist on all caps you can call the files RAF files. Thank
you. And don't ask me where to put the apostrophe, you know very well where
you can put the apostrophe. ;-)