[OM] talking of microsoft

Subject: [OM] talking of microsoft
From: SwissPace <ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2014 12:31:17 +0200
I decided to bite the subscription bullet and go with office365, so I connected to the microsoft site and clicked to buy after deciding that I wanted a yearly subscription rather than monthly. you would have thought this would then be easy, but it then directed me to a support page and could find no way to buy, so I went back and tried again, admitttedly I am not your average customer living in the german speaking part of switzerland but wanting all programs in english. I tried and tried eventally I got to the point of paying by paypal, clicked the butten and then waited, nothing them it all timed out so went through the whole procedure again and same thing happened. I thought ok maybe its a problem with paypal so I will wait until morning.

I tried again in the morning still the same issues, it was very difficult to get to the point of paying either by credit card or paypal and then it didn't work. I then remembered reading about in app purchases in the word app on the ipad, so I installed the word app 1 click and bought it as an in app purchase in a couple clicks and a logon. Microsoft have to pay 30 per cent commission to apple.

That is why I personally pay the apple kool aid - everytime I step out life gets complicated and I have enough problems at work without looking for more, microsoft make good products ( I support several systems at work ) but why do they have to make everything so flipping complicated.

I blame Microsoft, of course.

Piers