Re: [OM] Cars

Subject: Re: [OM] Cars
From: Chris Crawford <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2014 06:02:25 -0400
We do pay a realistic price for it. We have extensive reserves of oil,
gas, and coal to provide us cheap energy until we fully develop more
modern sources. We're getting heavily into wind energy, and we've used
hydroelectric power since the 1930s. No country is able to exist without
use of fossil fuels, not even Europe. It costs you more because you don't
have any. It costs us less because we do have it. That's basic economics.
Hell, in Saudi Arabia, gas is nearly free. They have LOTS of it, and a
very small population (so little demand domestically). You guys sound like
the American people owe you something because we have 'cheap' gas. We
don't. Different countries have different advantages and disadvantages. We
have cheap fuel, you have better health care, just to cite one example.

--
Chris Crawford
Fine Art Photography

Become a fan on Facebook