Re: [OM] olympus Digest, Vol 68, Issue 21

Subject: Re: [OM] olympus Digest, Vol 68, Issue 21
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2014 07:15:44 +1000
Not since James Thurber died…   :-)
I've argued before that irony is a natural form for Europeans but a special
mode for murkins - and that causes serious communication difficulties at times.

Funnily enough, someone in a cafe yesterday (the owner) queried the fact that I
was reading a text (on half frame cameras) and not just making notes but  doing
more extensive drafting. I had used a laptop there before (they know me as a
'writer') but as I was with my wife who had wandered off for a while to shop
and walk the dog so it was more convenient. Although a retiree himself he was
surprised to see someone using old tech in a determined and productive way.
Well…I was determined to be productive.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Author/Publisher: