Re: [OM] Digital B&W Photography - A Revelation

Subject: Re: [OM] Digital B&W Photography - A Revelation
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2014 07:07:34 -0400
The beauty here is that there are a number of ways to get very, very good black
and white conversions. Old school, you do it in Photoshop with the black &
white layer, and you work your ass off getting what you want. It’s how I
started, but have quit using since discovering Silver Effecx Pro. If I’d found
Topaz first, I might be gushing about that. Or the Alien Skin software Tina
mentioned.

As with the camera itself, the result lies with the eye and the skill of the
photographer, not so much with the particular brand of conversion software.

Which is to say, pick one and learn to use it, forsaking all others unless
there’s a compelling reason to switch.

--Bob Whitmire
Certified Neanderthal