Re: [OM] Universal Battery Charger?

Subject: Re: [OM] Universal Battery Charger?
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2014 16:53:18 -0700
On 6/17/2014 3:11 PM, Andrew Fildes wrote:
I find it odd that many if not most genuine chargers do not have a 12V car
lighter input while the cheap ones off ebay usually do.

BUT, although outrageously priced, the Leicas DO come with 12-24v input and cable. And this started with Tina's question. :-)

I have a small inverter with about half the idle draw of the higher capacity one built-into our little RV, with plenty of capacity for electronics recharging and an iPhone compatible USB output.

If I get less lazy, and work out the details of doing everything I need for travel on my iPad, I'll be able to go all 12v recharging, without need for the inverter. Less stuff to carry, less hassle, one splitter with USB output to plug in the dash.

Yearn for Simplicity Moose