Re: [OM] Universal Battery Charger?

Subject: Re: [OM] Universal Battery Charger?
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2014 17:47:13 -0400
I have Progo batteries and the Progo charger. They're my favorites. The Progo charger is quite small, has a flip-out plug and holds the battery securely when charging. The signal light is red while charging and green when charged. Whether Oly, Progo or EZO I charge all of my E-M5 batteries on the Progo. The Oly charger seems to be needlessly large. It also requires an AC cord but that can be resolved by buying flip-out plug adapters typically advertised on ebay for Apple gear.

I think the Progo batteries have slightly less capacity than the Oly battery and the EZO batteries have even less than the Progo. But the Progos are close enough that it doesn't matter. They work well and the price is right.

Note: The Progo charger is nearly identical to a no-name charger I bought on ebay for my Samsung WB650. Only the contact locations are different.

Chuck Norcutt