Re: [OM] Giving a Mac R/W access on a usb hd

Subject: Re: [OM] Giving a Mac R/W access on a usb hd
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2014 11:47:26 -0500
On 6/15/14 07:58 : , Michael R. Collins wrote:
My preference has been to format my "interchangeable" external hard drives in NTFS.

I have a read/write NTFS driver installed on Mac OS X, and all is well; I've had no troubles with Tuxera NTFS, cost is E25 / USD 31 per system. I did start with NTFS-3G, which is free and IIRC worked fine, I can't remember why I switched to the commercial product.
Looks like NTFS-3G is obsolete. Most searches point to the Tuxera site, which states if you want NTFS-3G you have to go to SourceForge. All they have are source files you have to compile yourself, and they haven't been updated since 2009. So, it looks like Tuxera is the way to go, and they do say they support Mavericks. I'll grab a copy after I do the upgrade.

--

Paul Braun
Certified Music Junkie

"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever." - David St. Hubbins

"Music washes from the soul the dust of everyday life" - Berthold Auerbach