Re: [OM] OT: Life in Tempe

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Life in Tempe
From: John Hudson <OM4T@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2014 09:56:50 -0300
.... but were the fancy duds matched by a fancy cycle helmet or not :-)

jh

On 6/15/2014 2:34 AM, Moose wrote:
On 6/13/2014 4:03 PM, Andrew Fildes wrote:
Yeah, let's get the motorbikes on to the sidewalk as well - sod the bloody pedestrians. :-) Andrew Fildes (almost hit by a bike on the footpath yesterday by an attentive rider who just didn't give a s**t.

Do you have any idea how easy it is to push over a moving bicycle?

Judging how fit the rider is may be useful, however.

I was once legally crossing at a marked crosswalk. Cross traffic had a stop sign. A couple on bikes approached as I started to cross. When it became apparent that the man was not going to stop, I yelled "Stop!", and put up my hand on outstretched arm. I made no effort to get in front of him, just proceeded to cross as I had been The idiot ran into my hand, and fell over!

As his feet were attached to the pedals, it was an ugly fall. As she disentangled him, the woman was berating him for breaking the law and hurting himself. Was his ego so large it felt him to be exempt?

Fancy, expensive bike, fancy, expensive looking duds; I wonder what his brain cost?

Stop Me Moose