Re: [OM] Actual Photographs!

Subject: Re: [OM] Actual Photographs!
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2014 08:15:46 -0400
On Jun 14, 2014, at 7:50 PM, Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> <snip>

>> We’ve managed a few good shots of Baby Norah, but they all have been quick
>> grabs with handy iPhones. The few times I’ve tried for a set shot with
>> proper lighting and full-frame camera, no dice. Nothing worth showing. Nada.
>> I know there’s a way to do it, and I know it takes a lot of preparation, and
>> one of these days I’ll have another go at it, but not now.
>>
>> For those interested in yet another set of baby pictures, here’s a few,
>> mostly from this past weekend when Norah came to stay with us for two nights
>> while her parents moved from their apartment into the new house.
>>
>> She’s a very good sport, and gets right into the spirit of things.
>>
>> http://zone-10.com/tope2/main.php?g2_itemId=13036
>
> Carol went all funny again with these. And she doesn't like babies! Last time
> my sister-in-law tried to hand her a new great niece, she declined.

Norah is special. <g> She seems able to identify silly, and she likes it. (I’m
sure that’s not true. After all, she’s a baby. <g>)

> Norah’s mother somehow manages to avoid many shots, but my son got ‘em both
> in a shoot for the family Mother’s Day card. Here’s two from the shoot, both
> outtakes, but my two favorites.
>>
>> http://zone-10.com/tope2/main.php?g2_itemId=13032
>>
>> http://zone-10.com/tope2/main.php?g2_itemId=13034
>
> Oh nooooo! A niece has had those little bands on all three of her girls -
> always. What is that about? Afraid people won't know what sex it is? Just
> write ‘Girl' or get a button; anything but those silly things!

They are the height of fashion these days. Apparently. I’ve seen them on other
babies. One advantage to them, if that’s what you call it, is that it makes it
less desirable or necessary to do the whole blue/pink thing. The ah, growing
problem with Norah and head ribbons is that they accentuate the size of her
head. She’s in the 97th percentile for head circumference. We do hope she grows
into it. <g>

>> Monday, Norah put in her first appearance at Ship’s Chow Hall in Wiscasset,
>> my favorite place for breakfast.
>>
>> http://zone-10.com/tope2/main.php?g2_itemId=13038
>>
>> http://zone-10.com/tope2/main.php?g2_itemId=13040
>
> Menu reading is my fav.

She’s extremely interested in books and pictures. Kinda spooky sometimes. But
then both parents are librarians. And dad’s a published writer as well. So she
comes by it honestly.

> How about an outside shot of Ship's? If it didn’t look condemned, you'd never
> be able to get in. :-)

I should do that. And you’re right. Tina says her next big project is the
outside, and I kinda rue the day because once it doesn’t look like a dive,
you’ll have to be there for the 5 a.m. opening to get in. A couple on their way
back to wherever they came from told Tina they’d stopped on a whim, and that
Ship’s was that special place they always hoped to find when they traveled.

> We had breakfast yesterday at 'J Marklee Toll Station' in Markleeville,
> Calif. Pretty limited, hand written menu, but the food was excellent.
> Markleeville makes most Maine small towns look big. It's pretty darn
> isolated, too. The passes in/out of the valley range from 7700 to 8700 ft.

Put it on the list for when we finally get out there.

—Bob Whitmire
Certified Breakfast-Loving Neanderthal