Re: [OM] Actual Photographs!

Subject: Re: [OM] Actual Photographs!
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2014 16:50:09 -0700
On 6/10/2014 7:38 AM, Bob Whitmire wrote:
I confess to a newfound but deep respect for photographers who choose to
photograph babies. Wow!

Yup!

We’ve managed a few good shots of Baby Norah, but they all have been quick grabs with handy iPhones.
The few times I’ve tried for a set shot with proper lighting and full-frame camera, no dice. Nothing
worth showing. Nada. I know there’s a way to do it, and I know it takes a lot of preparation, and
one of these days I’ll have another go at it, but not now.

For those interested in yet another set of baby pictures, here’s a few, mostly
from this past weekend when Norah came to stay with us for two nights while her
parents moved from their apartment into the new house.

She’s a very good sport, and gets right into the spirit of things.

Carol went all funny again with these. And she doesn't like babies! Last time my sister-in-law tried to hand her a new great niece, she declined.

Norah’s mother somehow manages to avoid many shots, but my son got ‘em both in a shoot for
the family Mother’s Day card. Here’s two from the shoot, both outtakes, but my two favorites.

Oh nooooo! A niece has had those little bands on all three of her girls - always. What is that about? Afraid people won't know what sex it is? Just write 'Girl' or get a button; anything but those silly things!

Monday, Norah put in her first appearance at Ship’s Chow Hall in Wiscasset, my
favorite place for breakfast.

Menu reading is my fav.

How about an outside shot of Ship's? If it didn't look condemned, you'd never
be able to get in. :-)

We had breakfast yesterday at 'J Marklee Toll Station' in Markleeville, Calif. Pretty limited, hand written menu, but the food was excellent. Markleeville makes most Maine small towns look big. It's pretty darn isolated, too. The passes in/out of the valley range from 7700 to 8700 ft.

Altitude Moose