Re: [OM] Olympus Software

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus Software
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2014 21:59:52 -0700
On 6/13/2014 6:18 AM, Chris Trask wrote:
       It's becoming obvious that the trick to using glass filters is to record the
image as RAW colour, convert it to JPEG colour, and then B&W.

Why go to JPEG before the B&W conversion? If, as you should, you convert RAW as 16 bit, then any twiddling with individual colors are less likely to lose tonal detail.

Or something like that.  I find that doing this processing with the camera is a
bit cumbersome as I have a lim ited opportunity to judge the saturation, etc.
before doing the conversions.

      So, is there a PC software package that will import the RAW images and
let me do the processing in a more convenient environment?

Olympus Viewer 3 is XP compatible, and free.
<http://www.getolympus.com/us/en/software>

It has a "Monotone" option, with yellow, orange, red and green filter
emulations.

Nothing like the flexibility of the various filter and conversion options in Adobe stuff, but no less than with the standard glass filters you were using, works with your OS, and the price is right.
<http://www.getolympus.com/us/en/software>
Solutary Moose