Re: [OM] The LUG

Subject: Re: [OM] The LUG
From: SwissPace <ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2014 08:47:01 +0200

I have always dreamed of owning a ferrari and also looked into a 308 followed by teh 348, 355 and now a 360 I have all the repair manuals downloaded BUT my wife would not tolerate me buying one, maybe I shoud have bought one instead of my audi, the price for a new 355 wasn't that much more but i bought with my head rather than heart, still when I had to sleep in it, it was much more comfortable than a ferrari would have been. I realised that it would be unlikely that I would ever be able to run one so learnt how to maintain things myself. They are not as bad a s before e.g the 308 needed servicing every 3000 miles and I think the 360 requires the least and is the easiest. Still I will keep the Audi and soon we have he VW bus arriving although www.orangelandrover.ch has yet to be sold.

You are right about not using cars, the brake disks on my audi got so rusty that they had to be replaced from standing - if you think ferrari parts are expensive they are nothing compared to audi brake parts for the RS series.

IanW

Ken Norton <mailto:ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
13 June 2014 04:26

As mentioned before, many years ago I was in the process of buying a
308GTS. Enzo died and the prices went up overnight. Oh, well...