Re: [OM] The LUG

Subject: Re: [OM] The LUG
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2014 22:28:51 -0500
On 6/12/14 21:26 : , Ken Norton wrote:
Well, actually they're also not designed for guys with butts like mine. A
friend has a Gallardo.  I sat in it.  Well, wedged my butt into it is more like
it. I'm more of a Jaguar guy anyway.
As mentioned before, many years ago I was in the process of buying a
308GTS. Enzo died and the prices went up overnight. Oh, well...

Nothing, and I mean nothing fit as well as the RX7 I had. That was a
perfect fit for my butt, legs, arms and even head. What a wonderful
bit of automobile.

Always wondered what an RX7 was like to drive. Kinda dug the rotary thing. However, I can tell you from firsthand experience that the GTO and GTU Mazdas at a IMSA race were painfully loud. Even with hearing protection. Hell, even inside the press box at Road America. One of those things came screaming down the front stretch at full song, and even the track announcer commented on how damn loud they were...

That Gallardo is sexy, and with mostly Audi mechanicals is much more fixable, but man, are those seats skinny.

I desperately miss my Impreza. When I strapped myself into Daphne, it was more like strapping a car suit on. I've never had a car that felt more in tune with me. I knew exactly what she was going to do for any given bit of input. She always warned me when I was about to do something stupid, and on several occasions saved my butt.

Hopefully, if things go well, I should be able to order a new WRX at the end of September.

--

Paul Braun
Certified Music Junkie

"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever." - David St. Hubbins

"Music washes from the soul the dust of everyday life" - Berthold Auerbach