Re: [OM] OT. Books

Subject: Re: [OM] OT. Books
From: Mike Lazzari <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2014 09:32:15 -0700
The other was a church on the Waternish Peninsula which was the sight of a
famous massacre of MacLeods by MacDonalds
We visited it on a typical cold, windy and overcast day. Recommended by a little book I picked up along the way. We might have otherwise missed it, at least the history part. Seems the McDonalds were always picking fights and getting their butts kicked. They really knew how to kick butt back then :) We stopped and asked a local farmer if we could park and walked out toward the tip of the peninsula. Walked until my wife's knees said turn around. Luckily the Stein Inn is nearby where we sat and watched it rain and blow and appreciated the 'dogs allowed in the pub' rule as we were missing our mutt. She likes cold, windy, rain. Especially the mud part. Still going over photos but haven't processed the church yet. Here's a couple a bit rough around the edges as the tablet screen is crappy.

<http://www.interisland.net/watershed/mike/Scotland/DunBorrafiach_0957.JPG>
<http://www.interisland.net/watershed/mike/Scotland/SteinInn_0422.JPG>