Re: [OM] Advice on the Black Canyon of the Gunnison NP

Subject: Re: [OM] Advice on the Black Canyon of the Gunnison NP
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2014 11:37:26 -0500
Chuck wrote:
> My wife and I drove through there in mid-October 2011.  Although the scenery
> is not as dramatic as, say, Bryce Canyon I would still consider it a very
> beautiful place and an essential part of seeing Colorado.  I took 187 photos
> on that part of the trip including many panos that have never been processed
> yet.  All were taken from near the main road.  We did not descend into the
> canyon on any 179 degree roads.

Colorado is kinda tiring in the "scenery" category. There are so many
wonderful sights that you become numb to them. As to Chuck's panos,
I'm just now getting to some multi-frame panos that I shot on film
back in 1989.

> That part of the trip began at Great Sands National Park.  (A quick pass
> through there at mid-afternoon will not result in photos like Ken's).

I've been there for two weeks now. I think I could stand to try a
month or two...

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx