Re: [OM] ***SPAM*** Re: ***SPAM*** Re: IMG: WAS Nathan's PAW 22: NOW CLI

Subject: Re: [OM] ***SPAM*** Re: ***SPAM*** Re: IMG: WAS Nathan's PAW 22: NOW CLICK CLACK
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2014 22:37:24 -0500
On 6/6/14 21:02 : , Ken Norton wrote:
Every time we think a rail trip would be fun, we look at Amtrak prices,
schedules and rider reviews, we end up going a different way, and can't
figure out why anyone rides it.
This past year, it only worked for me because it was almost a perfect
"red-eye" schedule and the train station was only a mile from home.

I preferred to drive, whenever I could.

We would love to take a nice train trip somewhere. But Amtrak's prices are easily double the airlines', and it takes four times as long to get there. I realize the scenery is part of the journey. But if they want me to take Amtrak to NYC from Chicago, then they'd better be competitive with the airlines on price.

And this is coming from a big rail fan.

--

Paul Braun
Certified Music Junkie

"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever." - David St. Hubbins

"Music washes from the soul the dust of everyday life" - Berthold Auerbach