Re: [OM] ***SPAM*** Re: ***SPAM*** Re: IMG: WAS Nathan's PAW 22: NOW CLI

Subject: Re: [OM] ***SPAM*** Re: ***SPAM*** Re: IMG: WAS Nathan's PAW 22: NOW CLICK CLACK
From: Philippe <philippe.amard@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2014 18:39:16 +0200
Le 6 juin 2014 à 17:48, Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx> a écrit :

>> 432 m looks a bit long for the US technique ;-)
>
> Not at all. It could be done here with no problem, except that we
> prefabricate entire rail-tie sections and lift them into place as a
> unit.

What I meant - so do you really mean to say you can or actually do manufacture
500yards units ??? Gigantic HO gauge this one is :-)
How does the train that transports so long units take curves then ?

> But that also has more to do with the fact we don't do concrete
> bases with rubber cushioning and concrete ties.

the concrete base is I guess the only way to get stable and plane enough tracks
for high speed - just a guess

>> And I can't make out the difference between bulk/freight and passenger lines
>> since their are the same. Night = goods/mail   Day = passengers
>
> The USA is a bit larger and spread out. We utilize the airways like
> Europeans utilize rail. But part of that is the privatized economic
> model that we use here. We could never afford air travel if it was
> government run.

This is philosophy now ;-)
Your original remark was more technical. Wood would be better for freight is
what I had understood you meant.

Ph