Re: [OM] OT 100 years of Leica cameras

Subject: Re: [OM] OT 100 years of Leica cameras
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 May 2014 07:41:56 +0100
Thanks for your thoughts, Moose.  In reverse order, I envy that photographer as
well, although I should have thought that San Francisco was easily as hectic a
place to work as New York.

The (minor) trouble with the Fuji line of lenses is that it is still quite
limited.  I have been considering switching from my lovely Pentax K-5IIs to
Fuji's "DSLR", the X-T1, but there seems to be dearth of long zooms.  I have
been tempted, a couple of times, to revert to µ43, but the sensor size puts me
off.  I am now considering the K-3, but I will probably remain with my current
kit (X100S, X-Pro1 and K-5IIs).

Finally, the X-Pro1 is surprisingly light.  I suspect that it's as light as the
Oly µ43 bodies, albeit slightly larger.  I understand what you mean about
macro: if the X-Pro1 had no EVF macro would be all but impossible.

Chris