Re: [OM] [IMGs] Long lens multi-thread III, IBIS

Subject: Re: [OM] [IMGs] Long lens multi-thread III, IBIS
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2014 17:38:15 -0700
In a thread about the shutter shock fix firmware update and E-P5 size vs. GX7, Mike G. commented on the advantage of the 5 way IBIS of the Oly.

All the fern shots are at 600 mm eq. on the GX7, with its 3 way IBIS. All at 1/320 sec. I had one other at 1/160, which is not quite as sharp, but it's hard to tell if slightly imperfect focus or a tiny bit of motion blur. Compounding the confusion, there was a light, off and on, breeze lazily moving these long fronds, which I tried to time to avoid.

Simple point; the GX7 IBIS is no slouch with long tele.

So Close, Yet So Far Moose