Re: [OM] Pano heads, was: What E-system lens is indispensable for a micr

Subject: Re: [OM] Pano heads, was: What E-system lens is indispensable for a micro 4/3 shooter?
From: Daniel Sepke <dansepke@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 May 2014 11:15:56 -0400
Chuck,

I had the Pano Essentials set from RRS when I was doing panos for real estate
listings. It consisted of a rotating base that clamped into the existing head I
was using following leveling. Then a sliding plate allowed for positioning the
lenses nodal point over the the rotational axis. This allowed for custom
configurations based on the lens in use. Additionally this kit could be used to
make a gimbal mount for long lenses.

After I quit doing the real estate stuff I found I simply didn't use it so sold
it on. A lot like Nathan I find that stitching tools are very forgiving so
extreme accuracy isn't required for the occasional pano I do now.

I'd put the money into the EM-1 pot.

Dan