[OM] E-M1 shutter shock, was: A major issue with EP-5 largely corrected

Subject: [OM] E-M1 shutter shock, was: A major issue with EP-5 largely corrected with EFC option via firmware update
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2014 18:00:15 -0400 (EDT)
Have I missed some important stuff on taming shutter shock with the
E-M1?

There is ample evidence for modest shutter shock (SS) on the EM-1 but as AG says it is ameliorated by the larger mass--especially compared to the quite prominant SS on the EP-5. The anti vib delay apparently works but the new firmware with EFC is more elegant and almost no effect on shutter responsiveness. I saw a few reports of some trouble/or EFC not available in some modes like HDR but may take awhile to crush all the bugs with such a firmware update.

Shocked Mike