Re: [OM] (OM) Rendition of red colours by OM digital cameras

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) Rendition of red colours by OM digital cameras
From: "Ian Manners" <void@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2014 02:01:01 +0800 (WST)
Hi Joel,

> What is it about the E-450 for daytime that is not matched by the OM-D?
> Thanks.

The lense I use :)

I need to get an E-M1 to use the 12-80mm all the time,
it just doesnt cut it with an E-M5 for everyday use,
especially in low light or with shadow subjects, and it's
entering Winter here in Perth Western Australia.

It's also a bugger to focus the 35-80 F2.8 on, though
thats now my main E-1 lense again, the E-1 has a
split focusing screen in it and I do like to shoot
at F2.8, I also prefer it with the 80mm Macro.

The E-M5 + 12-80mm works great as long as there
is plenty of light, easier for me to simply put the
12-80mm back on the E-450, so thats what I use
as my daytime camera again, and the E-M5 is
for the night club and alternate scene shots, I
also use it as my point and shoot camera for
family gatherings with the 12-50mm F3.5-6.3
lense, using that lense just makes me miss
the faster lenses as I like my people boka
unless its a staircase family shot.

I do miss proper OTF flash as well, one day,
yep, one day I might get my own darkroom
when I'll start using the OM4Ti etc, manual
flash is a pain when your looking after someone
in a wheelchair, juggling the cooking, and
making sure those kids stop chasing the
three legged cat around...

I'll buy an E-M1, about 3-4 weeks before
the next camera is released by Olympus,
because Olympus alway do that, even if
I wait for 18 months !

So much depends on personal choice, and what
you use it for, and the lighting, and what I use
is the way the lense have fallen on the bodies.

I'll also add, its not the reds with the E-1, its
the combination of red AND blue that makes the E-1
sensor/filters something special.

Cheers
Ian Manners
Of nowhere in particular.