Re: [OM] OT: WinXP Security Update

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: WinXP Security Update
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 4 May 2014 10:05:13 -0500
However, those that are using Microsoft Security Essentials for antivirus just
had a nasty surprise - Microsoft disabled it on "XP D-day" to force the issue.

If you want to maintain antivirus protection, you have to go with a 3rd-party
vendor now.  I have two friends' machines I have to take care of this week.
When I saw that on mine (I just use it for when I'm on call), I just rebuilt
the machine with 7 and got on with life.

Paul Braun
Certified Music Junkie

"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever." -- David St. Hubbins

"Music washes from the soul the dust of everyday life" - Berthold Auerbach