Re: [OM] Suggestions for MFT auto extension tubes?

Subject: Re: [OM] Suggestions for MFT auto extension tubes?
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2014 08:57:52 -0400
I have Meike tubes but there are two versions at different prices. I own model MK-P-AF3A ($56) shown here . The tube bodies are plastic but the mounts are metal. The color is satin finish aluminum but, if it's aluminum, it's very hard. But it's not the chrome plated brass that you see on many lens adapters.
<http://www.amazon.com/Meike-Extension-Panasonic-LUMIX-Lenses/dp/B00DODS8OU/ref=sr_1_9?s=photo&ie=UTF8&qid=1398601262&sr=1-9&keywords=meike+extension+tubes>

Then there is also the much cheaper ($29) model MK-P-AF3B shown here
<http://www.amazon.com/Meike-Automatic-Extension-Olumpus-Panasonic/dp/B00BY0F0P0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1398601099&sr=8-1&keywords=meike+extension+tubes>
Perhaps these are the plastic mounts that Moose refers to.

I was surprised at Moose's comment that he could see a sliver of light at the mount when subjected to a heavy load. So I tried that myself. I don't have a heavy m4/3 lens like the 75-300 so I added an OM-m4/3 adapter and installed the Vivitar 90/2.5 macro and the Zuiko 85-250/5. With he OM adapter they were all hanging way out there... enough so that I was slightly uncomfortable letting them hang out there with no support underneath. I stepped into a semi-darkened closet and a small, LED flashlight into the lenses. I couldn't see any sliver of light at the mounts.

I'm pretty sure I ordered these tubes from Amazon but don't remember paying as much as $56 for them. I can't find the purchase docs which means they're probably on the the old XP laptop which isn't up and running right now.

Chuck Norcutt