Re: [OM] Bad behaviour

Subject: Re: [OM] Bad behaviour
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2014 23:20:27 -0500
On 4/23/14 17:19 : , Andrew Fildes wrote:
> Recently I bought the 75mm f1.8 and have no regrets. It's a superb lens which
> I haven't even begun to explore. But I did get very cross about a couple of
> things.
>
> I have this odd idea that a thousand dollar lens should come with good
> 'bits', even if they add a bit to the price. A pox on their marketing
> strategy.

Annoying to me as well.  My 12-50 didn't come with a hood, and the
factory hood is also stupid money, so I got one from JJC as well that
works just fine.  Rectangular, allows use of the factory lens cap
(albeit without the logo, since it came unglued about a month in and
dropped off somewhere).

The 20/1.7 didn't come with a hood, either.  I found a nice metal one
that works with a pinch cap I found.

--

Paul Braun
Certified Music Junkie

"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever." - David St. Hubbins

"Music washes from the soul the dust of everyday life" - Berthold Auerbach