Re: [OM] IMGS: Drying Rice

Subject: Re: [OM] IMGS: Drying Rice
From: Tina Manley <images@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2014 10:31:32 -0400
Charlotte got some possible good news recently:  "Google Fiber, the data
network touted for Internet access speeds up to 100 times faster than basic
broadband systems, could be on its way to Charlotte."  That won't affect me
to start with since I am 25 miles south of Charlotte, but maybe, someday it
will be everywhere.  I would love to do without the local ISP monopoly.

Tina

Read more here:
http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2014/02/19/4707601/google-picks-charlotte-8-other.html#storylink=cpy

On Wed, Apr 16, 2014 at 10:24 AM, <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Tina wrote;Google Chrome will not connect to pBase or many other
> sites. Anybody else
>
> having problems?
>
> Tina
>

> ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
>
> For various
> reasons, mostly that they are intrusive, data-miners, and endeavour to
> control me, I detest MSIE, Chrome, and Mozilla.
>
> Opera suits me fine.
> It is non-intrusive, non-controlling, says it doesn't spy on me, doesn't
> try to predict my next thought, and is generally obedient. :-) :-)
>
> If
> the internet is slow for you Tina, it might well be due to hordes of
> people downloading streaming videos, or watching TV on their computer
> rather than using regular TV broadcast methods of viewing. The speed of
> broadband, I suspect, is the cause of its ultimate downfall.
>
> Three
> cheers for Opera. Brian
>

> --

Tina Manley