Re: [OM] Paul's PAW - Need an opinion. Or two.

Subject: Re: [OM] Paul's PAW - Need an opinion. Or two.
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2014 16:08:40 -0400
I think white balancing has been greatly oversold... probably by the
purveyors of WB tools.  It's easy to make a pure white balance with
digital but that doesn't mean we should.  Afterall, when we were
shooting film, we probably shot 99% of our stuff with daylight film.  It
would be horrid to white balance a sunset or sunrise.  And for the other
stuff 99% of the 1% was shot with type B film for incandescent and the
other 0.01% was shot by product advertising shooters who balanced their
light using 100 different Kodak CC filters.  Yuk.

Yes, the bride's white dress needs to be white... but not 100% so on the
beach at sunrise.  :-)

Chuck Norcutt