[OM] using Nikon film scanners beyond XP

Subject: [OM] using Nikon film scanners beyond XP
From: John Hudson <OM4T@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2014 14:54:50 -0300
Does anyone have experience using a Nikon film scanner under the XP
compatibility mode of Windows Pro 7 ?

I have a Nikon Super Cool Scan 9000 scanner which I have used
successfully with an XP machine. This machine is now terminally sick and
is being replaced with a Win Pro 7 one.  To the best of my knowledge XP
is the last and latest operating system under which the scanner was
designed to work.

I am anxious to keep the scanner in use for as long as possible even
though Nikon no longer appears able or willing to provide ongoing
support and XP is being abandoned by Microsoft.

John Hudson