[OM] Re-installing Sagelight and Lightroom2

Subject: [OM] Re-installing Sagelight and Lightroom2
From: bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2014 13:59:26 +1300

As most of you know I had a massive computer failure - refused to
boot, and my only backup was 5.5 months old.

Yesterday I managed to
get into the backup drive and started seeing what I needed to reinstall.

One was Sagelight, which i had purchased when the author, Rob Nelson,
was running a reduced sale.

I had the original install file available
but could not find the registration number. I found that, due to files I
had saved, I had the exact date of purchase in 2012.

Don Holbrook
suggested I contact Rob for help. Due to unsatisfactory dealings with
Adobe on a similar problem (see below) I was inclined to let the matter
slide.

Rob could not have been more helpful, and as far as I can see,
totally honest. He not only re-sent me my registration key, but informed
me that under the terms of purchase I had also purchased a lifetime
updating deal, and advised me what file I should use to update with. It
has all worked very well. I have in mind to send him a seller's bonus

With Adobe - Philippe Amard had sent me a wonderful 75th birthday
present in the form of an un-used genuine Lightroom 2 DVD. I do not have
a DVD player, but to cover that eventuality, the jewel case advised how
to download, and then use the printed registration key stuck to the side
of the jewel case.

So I did. All well and good so far. They obviously
keep some kind of record of what has been installed and where, because
when I entered the registration key it promptly informed me that this
was an upgrade version and I had to enter the registration key for the
LR1 that I was supposedly upgrading from.

So, I contacted their help
site and had a couple of lengthy facebook-style chats with help-desk
women. After checking their records, despite my telling them what had
happened to my original hard drive, they were adamant that I must
provide the LR1 key, or upgrade to LR5. I might, out of curiosity, check
out the price of that option, but so far I am very unimpressed by Adobe
service. Amazed at the speed of their help-desk service though.

Brian