Re: [OM] [OT] In case you hadn't heard....

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] In case you hadn't heard....
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2014 20:58:06 -0400
New York doesn't yet allow fracking... at least until the next election.
  But there's plenty of fracking 10-20 miles south of us in
Pennsylvania.  Fracking rigs are tiny in comparison with gigantic
windwills.  Then, after the drilling is complete, the rig is taken down.
  The only thing that's left is the concrete pad, a few small buildings
and pipe manifolds sticking out of the ground.  What can also be left is
an environmental mess if you don't control the wildcatters.  Water use
is very significant, road use for trucks is intense and drill tailings
need to be disposed of.  But I do believe it's necessary and can be done
safely with vigilance on the part of the regulators.

As to nuclear power I think the future is in thorium reactors.

Chuck Norcutt