[OM] Filters on eBay and elsewhere, the results

Subject: [OM] Filters on eBay and elsewhere, the results
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2014 19:17:00 -0400 (EDT)
I recently posted an inquiry about which filters currently being offered on
 eBay were the ones to buy and which ones were not.

My quest took me to both eBay and B&H.  I was seeking 4 different  filters.

Two 62mm UV filters primarily for front element protection. I know  many do
this as the norm on all their lenses.  I don't, however I wanted to  do
this on the two most used lenses on my Sony NEX 7.  Both are relatively
expensive lens and will be carried around and used constantly. Wanted slim as
both lens have a wide end of zoom range and one has a very wide end.  #5mm
equiv. 15-27mm and 27mm -300mm.  May not be able to use at small apertures  on
very wide angle settings.  Found Hoya Pro 1 62mm filters on sale at  B&H.
Bought 2.

62mm polarizer.  Found a slim B+W on eBay. It hasn't arrived yet.  Trust it
to be the real deal and not knock off from China.

62mm Variable ND filter. eBay found a Vivitar ND2-ND1000 at $25 including
postage.  Build looks solid. Works smoothly. Will do the deal.  It is  made
in China and appears to first class production all the way around. Limited
use and I think it will do what I want it to do.

Bill Barber