Re: [OM] Papa wants a brand-new bag, still.

Subject: Re: [OM] Papa wants a brand-new bag, still.
From: DZDub <jdubikins@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2014 16:22:16 -0500
On Fri, Mar 14, 2014 at 3:38 PM, Daniel Sepke <dansepke@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Paul,
>
> I'm a similar boat as I have made the switch from an E-5 based kit to an
> EM-1 based one.
>
> With the E-5 kit I had it mostly contained within an older Lowepro OmniPro
> bag. I kind of viewed that bag as storage and a tote-to-places but not an
> out-and-about bag.

I also have an embarrassing number of bags, and the OmniPros are kind of
kit storage for me too.

This is the bag that seems to wander with me:

http://www.adorama.com/DMF802SD.html?gclid=CKvhraL1kr0CFZJj7AodDg8ASg

I am surprised at how versatile it is.  The large pocket on the back is
just big enough to hold a laptop with 14" screen.

The accessory shoulder strap pad is really nice to have too.  Depending on
what you carry, the bag just kind of wraps around your torso.

Seems pricey, but I guess it has earned its keep with me.  More like a man
bag than a camera bag and it has carried plenty of other things than
cameras and lenses too.  The style tends to make it less important if it is
a little bigger than you need as long as it isn't smaller (and it rarely is
too small for my needs).

Joel W.