[OM] Papa wants a brand-new bag, still.

Subject: [OM] Papa wants a brand-new bag, still.
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2014 11:39:52 -0500
OK, so I've eliminated sling bags since I don't like the way they fit.

I bought one of the little Lowepro Photorunners that Moose recommended, and
while I can see using it if I go hiking out somewhere, it really doesn't
work for me as a daily bag.  Fortunately, it was only $25 used from the
'bay, so I'm not too worried.

So, I've narrowed it down to a Lowepro Event Messenger 150 or 250.  I
actually saw a 150 at Fry's Electronics back in January, unfortunately I
wasn't actually shopping for it and didn't have the E-M5 with me to see how
things fit.  Interior specs say it's 3.94" wide, which is just a hair less
than the E-M5 with the grip at 4" (but no battery slice, which would be
fine for a walkaround setup).  The 250 is 4.72", which is about a
quarter-inch shy of the camera with the full grip stack. Both have a front
pouch for extra SD cards and batteries.

Main thing is the E-M5 with grip and the 20/1.7, one additional lens like
the 12-50 or the 14-54, and the flash.  I could use the FL-600R for the
smaller walkaround bag, and leave the FL-50 if it's too tall. I need to
actually measure the FL-600R rotated to straight vertical wearing the
Stofen hat.

Sigh.  Who knew it would be so damn hard to find a decent small camera bag
that's comfortable, doesn't scream "STEAL ME!!!" and holds exactly what I
need?  Guess I have to blow the gas and tools to go back to Fry's before my
trip to Tampa in the middle of April, when I really want to have this bag.
I don't want to have to carry the big Tamrac, especially when I won't be
using half the stuff that's in it.

--

Paul Braun
Certified Music Junkie