Re: [OM] (OM) A miniature Zuikoholic meeting

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) A miniature Zuikoholic meeting
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2014 15:47:23 -0500
> I wish ... This was the fourth
> such market I have shown up at, and not made as many as even one sale.
> At all.
>
> As far as I can tell it is mainly looong prints that are
> selling. And NO young people even drop by to look at my stuff. I need to
> alter something ...

Certainly depressing. I wonder how Bob is doing right now? Granted, it
isn't tourist season yet, but maybe he's seeing something trending
there too. My own data points for comparison are showing a marked turn
in interest. Suddenly, it seems like the buyers are looking for
format, not content. I'm wondering what's up with that, because all
the normal stuff that could guarantee a sale is completely out of
favor. This is very abrupt. When you first brought this up after show
#1, I questioned everything else, but everywhere I look, it's jumping
right out at me. One wouldn't think that Iowa is the center of the art
universe, but Des Moines tends to curate "trendy" pretty well.

When I dive back into the darkroom next month, (April is Return to the
Darkside Month), I'm going to do some wild prints to test some
theories.

Bill? Chris? You guys are the ones with fingers on the pulse of the
art community, what's up?

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx