Re: [OM] I'm starting to hate winter more and more

Subject: Re: [OM] I'm starting to hate winter more and more
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2014 22:32:10 -0500
On 3/10/14 22:25 : , Chris Trask wrote:

>> And, if you remember, last Fall we had rainstorms the entire window of
>> opportunity....
>>
>> I'm guessing that I'm not meant to take the photo the way I want to.
>>
>       OTOH, it might be interesting to take a series of photos from the exact
> same spot every week or two to show the progression through the seasons.

That's an interesting concept, Chris.  Ken, I saw your email as well -
the problem is, if it's all covered in snow, it simply looks like an
open field covered in snow.  If the pavement isn't visible, it really
doesn't look like anything.

The other issue is access.  It all depends on if the driveway was plowed
under or not.  I really doubt that the caretaker has plowed from his lot
over to the track.  I suppose he'd let me park by his trailer and hike
over... which is probably the only way I'd do it in the snow.  When I
can see what I'm driving on, that's one thing. But when I can't actually
see the access road for the field, and can't tell if some loser left a
broken beer bottle on the road, I'm not willing to risk Sheri's tires.

It was 46 today.  Tomorrow is supposed to be in the 20's, and then
Wednesday we get several more inches of snow.

But I know where I stood when I got the one photo - the seasons sequence
does sound intriguing.

--

Paul Braun
Certified Music Junkie

"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever." - David St. Hubbins

"Music washes from the soul the dust of everyday life" - Harlan Howard